Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Korea Day 13

Here are some photos of Joann's class today, Wednesday, July 29. There are a few shots of the cafeteria where we eat lunch. With my class, you can see what the food is too. The food in the caf is pretty good.







Here are some picture of my class today. I was showing them photos on my computer. We were studying animal habitats so I was showing them pictures of deserts, rain forests, and tundra. Students have electronic dictionaries but they can be as annoying as phones.






























































There is also a funny video with my class in it but there was an error when I tried to upload it so I will try again later.
After work, I fell down the stairs leaving the our building at the university. I didn't hurt myself but I was a bit embarressed. As we were walking up the stairs in our residence, I tripped again and my lip hit the step. I think I will have a bit of a fat lip but otherwise I'm fine. I don't know if I'm tired or just becoming more of a klutz than usual.
One of the other teachers heard that you can get a pedicure here by having little fish eat the dead skin off of your feet. It sounds a bit weird but we decided it would be an interesting experience so 6 of us set off to a good place that was recommended by a few of the Korean women that we work with. Apparently, it was a coffee shop/pedicure place called "Dr. Fish". It was disappointing because when we got there, they no longer had the pedicures, it was just a coffee shop. We wandered around the area and did a bit of shopping.

No comments: