Saturday, July 25, 2009

Korea Day 3

This was the second day of orientation. We went over more rules and regulations. We had our photos taken for name tags and were told that we needed some kind of song or cheer to introduce ourselves to our classes. We were also told that we also needed to decorate our classrooms and the hall outside the classroom. We were given some felt, a few stickers and tape. My stickers were fish, octopus and starfish. I used the theme "under the sea" and drew other animals to decorate the room. I also made a yellow submarine because my class's colour is yellow. For my song, I changed the words to "Under the Sea".

During lunch we went for a walk around the campus of Korea University. It is quite beautiful with nice buildings and lots of greenery. Here are a few photos.









We went for dinner as a group with the camp leaders. We had the worst meal so far. It was also a place where you cook your own food. One platter was seafood and the other was fake meat and packaged noodles. You can judge for yourselves from the following photos!































After dinner, a bunch of us went to Techno Mart (I think the name says it all, Joann and I wanted USB sticks to be able to easily give files to our C.C.'s) Unfortunately, it was closed when we arrived so we popped in the local Lotte World (grocery/housewares store) and bought a few things for our rooms.
When we got back to our place, Joann, Erin (another teacher here with us) worked until Midnight trying to get our lessons ready for Monday.

2 comments:

Melanie Johns said...

Hey Ging. Great pictures. Keep them coming

Gingembre said...

Mel:

I'm happy to hear that you are following my trip!