Thursday, August 6, 2009

Korea Day 18

We went back to work after a great Sunday off. The days are starting to meld into one and I haven't been blogging every day so it's hard to remember if anything really interesting happened at work today.

I do feel that I am into the swing of things and preparation is a bit easier. It is hectic as we have to send our schedule and daily comments to our C.C. so they can be entered into a daily report that goes home with each student.

After work, most of the girls (Katy, Erin, Jackie, Joann and I) found another place that has a Dr. Fish. We went there (Lotte World - a big indoor mall with amusement park rides, a bit like West Edmonton mall) only to find that our source had been wrong - no Dr. Fish. The girl at the information booth did tell us how to find one so off we went.

We finally had success! Dr. Fish is a cafe with pedicures. We had to buy a drink (about $5) and the pedicure was $2. The pedicure is done by meat eating fish! There are two tanks of fish, one with fish the size of minnows and a second one with fish that are about 3 inches long. They are constantly moving around and they are always opening and closing their mouthes. You wash off your feet and put them in a tank. The fish swarm around your feet and eat all the dead skin off of them. It sounds gross, bizarre...but we felt we should try it.

Here are Jackie and Erin at the table while we wait for our turn.

Here is Katy, also waiting, while the anticipation builds.

The place is a cafe with nice little tables and chairs. Off to one side is a raised area with the fish tanks.


I went in first as I seemed most willing to try it. The girl there said that you would feel the bigger fish more but they would do a better job. Having a fair bit of dry, dead skin on my feet, I plunged in!


Being the only meat in the tank, the fish swarmed my feet and started munching. It felt like little spikes of water were hitting my feet. It took a minute or two to get over the tickling sensation and then I was fine.



Katy was next and joined me in the 'big fish' tank.



Here is a view of the big fish tank before any of us got in.



Here is Joann. She stuck her feet in the big fish tank, squealed and pulled her feet out.



The other threesome, Joann, Jackie and Erin decided to use the smaller fish tank. Joann eventually got used to it but Erin had a really hard time. She put her feet in for a moment or two a few times but that was it.


I'm not even sure whose legs these are and it is hard to see the fish around them.



I have to say, the fish did a pretty good job. They had eaten away at most of the dead skin on my feet in 15 minutes, the time allotted for our $2. I needed another 15 minutes for a few parts of my feet but I was happy with the results. It was an interesting experience!

2 comments:

Melanie Johns said...

Hey Ging. What is this foot spa thing? Can you explain what is going on in the photos?

Gingembre said...

Mel, I will explain soon, I have been so busy that I didn't have time to write the blog this week. I will get caught up soon!