Thursday, August 6, 2009

Korea Day 21

Joann and I had reserved today to get our Chinese visas. Fortunately, I had an extra picture from home as we needed one for our Korean visas and the photo place gave us two. I had left mine in my Korean papers that I brought with me so I had the required photo. I found the application form on line and Joann and I filled them in. We were planning to go the the Chinese embassy after work to get the visas processed. Thankfully, I checked the website again (this is difficult as it is all in Chinese) and found a file that said foreigners in Korea now had to go to Chinese travel agencies instead of the embassy. Joann and Isis (one of the camp directors) call and got the information. We headed back to Myeong-Dong as this is where the travel agency was. We had to stop and ask directions a few times and still couldn't find the place. Thankfully, a lady took pity on us, called the agency on her cell phone and then walked us to the place. We never would have found it as it was on the second floor of an inconspicuous building with no sign in English!

The process was short and sweet, cost $55 and we should have our visas on Tuesday!!

I was happy to be in Myeon-Dong and reminded Joann that this was the location of the great chicken place. We wandered around and were able to find the place. I was very happy, as was Joann, so we had our chicken dish and shared a beer. I am now on a mission to get the recipe. Here I am, looking very satisfied, when the meal arrived!


No comments: